Eran shows how to decode a client brief, perform storyboarding in Illustrator, and then transition the design to After Effects for animation. Along the way, he weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Designing a storyboard with Illustrator
- Automating animations with Animation Composer
- Creating custom particles with Particular
- Crashing simulations using Newton
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Eran Stern, and welcome to After Effects breakdowns behind the scenes of social tech infographics. This infographic movie explain how we can use technology to deal with social problems. It was made for the Com.unity Organization and I think the best way to explain what it is, is to show it to you. So here is the final piece. (technological sounds) - [Voiceover] To understand social tech, you need to understand what's a social problem.
Social problems are big problems, that affect a lot of people in a society. For example, 30 percent of people with disabilities are living in poverty. 730 million people, have difficulties hearing, seeing, and speaking. There are over 2.6 billion overweight and obese people. And nearly 1.3 million die in road crashes each year. At the same time, technology has become apart of our life.
Almost half of the world's population is connected to the internet. Around 25 percent use smartphones. And in 2014 there were 1.3 million tech startups worldwide. Connecting these two is social tech. "The innovative application of digital technology to address complex social challenges." Com.unity, we lead and empower the social tech revolution. - [Voiceover] So the idea here is to reverse engineer this project and try to understand not only the practical steps but especially the creative process.
During the upcoming movies, I'll show you how to decode a client brief and how to turn it into graphical movie that explain the idea of what this organization is all about. We witness the design concept, explore the storyboard of development, and once the narrative is in place, we will unload the After Effects project in detail. This course is an exceptional opportunity for learning how to create a motions graphics movie like this one.
Along the way, we'll also explore few third party plugins such as Animation Composer, Particular, and Newton. To see how those tools helps to extend the power of Adobe After Effects. After viewing this course, you'll gain important knowledge of how to approach complex projects like this one. As well as learn practical techniques that could help you with your own work. Okay, I don't know about you but I'm eager to start. So let's learn all about the social tech infographics explainer video, right now.