Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,971 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Reviewing, choosing, and preparing footage
- Removing noise
- Separating the actor from the background
- Tracking the actor's hands
- Adding paint and particle effects
- Parenting the tracking data
- Inserting sound effects and music
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi everyone! I'm Eran Stern, independent content creator and motion graphics artist. I'm using Adobe tools for more than 20 years now. Over the past decade, I've created promos and advertising for T.V. and commercial products for local clients around Tel Aviv where I live, and also for international companies worldwide. In this course, I'll show you how to create an appealing visual effect for a sci-fi movie.
We'll start with a homemade video shot. Choose the best take, clean it, and prepare it for high-end, post-production work. Then, using a combination of tools inside After Effects, such as tracking effects, paint, particles, and much more, we'll be able to achieve a realistic effect of a personal wormhole, which can be used for transporting people from places to places.
This course should be easy to follow, because I promise to explain everything. This means that when I ask you to do something, I'll tell you why you are doing it, and in some cases, I'll show you the right way and the wrong way of doing things. So I will show you an alternative path to the same goal. This way, when you create these kinds of effects, you'll have plenty of options to choose from.
By bringing my real world experience to this training, I can assure you that each movie is choked with full and useful information. I've had great fun creating these video tutorials, and hopefully you will find them to be both educational and inspirational. So, if you're ready to create your own personal transporter, I invite you to join this course.