- View Offline
The After Effects Apprentice videos on lynda.com were created by Trish and Chris Meyer and are designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Building a 3D world
- Working with layered Illustrator files
- Synchronizing to music
- Using text animation presets
- Rendering strategies
- Working with widescreen video, including 4:3 center cut and safe area considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi I'm Chris Meyer. - And I'm Trish Meyer. - And we'd like to welcome you to the final project for After Effects Apprentice Second Edition. In this course you're gonna be taking advantage of many of the skills you've been learning in the prior Apprentice lessons to build a ten second video promo. Before we get started, let's take a look at what you'll be building. (electronic music with a heavy beat) - [Trish] First I'm going to lead you through designing several of the individual elements used in the final piece.
Including building the elements that will become our floor, creating a stylized video screen including transitions, importing a layered Illustrator file, plus animating those layers using the stroke effect and the wiggle expression. - Then I'll show you how to assemble those individual elements into a final composition including timing animations to music, creating a 3D camera move, working with 3D text and arranging 3D lights and shadows. At the end I'll also show you how to accommodate a series of potential client changes, share some ideas on rendering strategies and work through recreating the Illustrator dial element using after-effect shape layers.
- We hope you've enjoyed the lessons from After Effects Apprentice and have picked up many new tricks along the way. Now you have a chance to put it all together, so let's dive in.