Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
The After Effects Apprentice videos on lynda.com were created by Trish and Chris Meyer and are designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Animating to music
- Arranging layers in 3D space
- Performing time stretches
- Working with 3D camera tracking
- Typesetting and animating text
- Adding effects like drop shadows and motion blur
- Creating and animating shape layers
- Building and delivering a broadcast package
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer of Crish Design and welcome to the final project of After Effects Apprentice, 3rd Edition. Throughout this course you're gonna pull together a wide variety of skills that you've learned in the previous After Effects Apprentice courses. In doing so, you're gonna put together an opening title for a television program. Let's take a quick preview of what you'll be building. (calm melodic music) To create this you're gonna be working with music, including learning the magic templates for composing soundtracks, and spotting hit points in the final music, mocking up a 3D world, crafting a camera move through that world, performing 3D tracking, time stretching layers, typesetting text, applying animation presets, creating shape layers, nesting and precomposing, creating background elements including working with layered Photoshop files, writing expressions and rendering your composition including how to create 4x3 center cut and letterbox versions.
We'll also discuss how you deliver a graphics package for your client that would include lower thirds, bumpers and a looping background. We'll finish up by giving you a bunch of additional ideas of how you can take this design to the next level. Throughout this final project we will be focusing on real world workflows, and how you make creative decisions keeping your clients requirements in mind. We hope it turns out to be very useful for when you're creating projects, for your own clients. So without further ado, let's dive in and have fun creating this opening title in After Effects.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.