The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Animating to music
- Arranging layers in 3D space
- Performing time stretches
- Working with 3D camera tracking
- Typesetting and animating text
- Adding effects like drop shadows and motion blur
- Creating and animating shape layers
- Building and delivering a broadcast package
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer of Crish Design and welcome to the final project of After Effects Apprentice, 3rd Edition. Throughout this course you're gonna pull together a wide variety of skills that you've learned in the previous After Effects Apprentice courses. In doing so, you're gonna put together an opening title for a television program. Let's take a quick preview of what you'll be building. (calm melodic music) To create this you're gonna be working with music, including learning the magic templates for composing soundtracks, and spotting hit points in the final music, mocking up a 3D world, crafting a camera move through that world, performing 3D tracking, time stretching layers, typesetting text, applying animation presets, creating shape layers, nesting and precomposing, creating background elements including working with layered Photoshop files, writing expressions and rendering your composition including how to create 4x3 center cut and letterbox versions.
We'll also discuss how you deliver a graphics package for your client that would include lower thirds, bumpers and a looping background. We'll finish up by giving you a bunch of additional ideas of how you can take this design to the next level. Throughout this final project we will be focusing on real world workflows, and how you make creative decisions keeping your clients requirements in mind. We hope it turns out to be very useful for when you're creating projects, for your own clients. So without further ado, let's dive in and have fun creating this opening title in After Effects.
After Effects Apprentice 14: Shape Layerswith Chris Meyer2h 20m Intermediate
Premiere Pro and After Effects: Creating Title Graphicswith Chris Meyer26m 23s Intermediate
The Creative Spark: Title Case, Typographic Artisanswith Jessica Hische28m 31s Appropriate for all
1. Roughing Out the Spot
2. Building the Hero Shot and Title
3. Creating Video Frames Using Shape Layers
4. Dressing Up the Background
5. Finalizing the Proof
6. Delivering the Results
7. Idea Corners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.