After Effects Apprentice is created by Trish and Chris Meyer and designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice.
- Understanding the user interface
- Customizing the user interface
- Importing sources, including using Adobe Bridge
- Managing compositions
- Previewing work
- Rendering (exporting) a creation
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer of Crish Design, and welcome to After Effects Apprentice: Pre-Roll. The idea behind this lesson is to get you quickly up to speed, moving around inside Adobe After Effects. It is designed for people who are completely new to the program, as well as for users who maybe haven't used it for a few years who need a quick refresher course. I'm going to show you how to navigate the user interface and how to customize it to your needs. I'm going to show you how to navigate compositions because that's the main building block inside After Effects that you'll be using. I'll show you how to preview your work and how to render your work out to a movie that you can then import into an editing system, play back through a projection system or maybe bring into a web development program to make as part of a webpage.
So without much further ado, let's dive in.