Do you want to create text in a nonlinear editor like Adobe Premiere Pro? Luckily, there are a wealth of titling tools that are offered in Premiere Pro. You can create titles like a title card or even a rolling credit. In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use advanced text formatting controls in Premiere.
- Taking the time to format your text,…particularly things like kerning and drop shadows…and edges, will really help it stand out.…What we want to do is give the…text a truly professional look.…Let me show you what options are available…directly inside of Premiere Pro.…Feel free to continue working with the text layer…that you made in the previous example,…or you can open up the stage one project.…Over here on the right, there are some…additional controls worth noting.…Let's talk about these.…Besides the ability to choose the font and the family,…you'll see all of the alignment controls,…which we talked about earlier.…
You also will see additional controls.…Holding a cursor over this will…help you understand what is happening.…For example, if I want to adjust…the overall spacing here between the lines,…that's the letting, and I see it.…There are some interesting advanced…controls over here for formatting text.…For example, if I added a copyright symbol,…I can come over here and click the superscript option.…What that will do is automatically make that…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.