Advanced Compositing, Tracking, and Roto Techniques with After Effects
In this workshop Jeff Foster—video producer, compositor, visual effects artist, and author of The Green Screen Handbook—teaches you the advanced tips, tricks, and workflow techniques he's used over the years to get great video/film composites, even when working with near-impossible footage. Learn advanced roto-painting techniques for the Wacom tablet and get up to speed on motion tracking, multipass mattes, multiple keying layers, simulated lighting effects, painting on video background plates, and more. Finally, Jeff shows how to apply what you've learned to a series of real-world projects in Adobe After Effects.
- Roto-painting techniques with a Wacom tablet
- Keying both green and blue in a composite
- Masking to isolate parts of an object to key
- Using multiple layers and roto on a bad green-screen shot
- Motion tracking and match-moving
- Matte painting and moving background/foreground plates
- Lighting techniques in post
- Hi, I'm Jeff Foster, video producer, compositor, and visual effects artist, and author of The Green Screen Handbook. I've been working with blue and green screen compositing for video, TV, and feature films for nearly two decades. And I've taught motion graphics and compositing workshops and seminars internationally. I'm excited to bring you this workshop where I get into the details of my work flow techniques using various projects to help you fully understand the concepts of compositing in Adobe After Effects. I'll cover the art of Roto-painting and refining your masks with paint strokes for a softer, more believable composite.
We'll explore multi past mats and multiple key layers to get the best results even when working with impossible footage. I'll share with you tips and tricks on creating lighting in a scene and your subjects, motion tracking and match moving and other cheats I use to get the job done quickly and professionally. You'll learn tips and techniques for real world projects. I see this course as a great chance to share with you what I've learned as we build your compositing skills together. Now I hope you're ready to dig in.
Up and Running with Optical Flares56,451 Views
VFX Techniques: Building Replacement with After Effects86,763 Views
Screen Replacement with After Effects and mocha AE64,193 Views
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Face72,795 Views
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effects55,865 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,821,726 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training (2015)1,292,133 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training643,211 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2015)1,874,763 Views