Explore an overview of the Adobe Media Encoder interface. In many respects, the Encoder is a media Swiss Army knife because it can do a ton more than simply encode video.
- [Instructor] When it comes to encoding video…for web playback, one of my absolute favorite tools…is the Adobe Media Encoder.…To me, it's a Swiss Army Knife because it can do a ton…more than simply encode web video.…The media encoder is installed when you create…your Creative Cloud account and in fact,…is what is used by Adobe Premiere and After Effects…to output Premiere and After Effects video projects.…In this exercise, we're going to take a quick tour…of the Media Encoder interface.…
To get yourself started, launch the application…by double clicking it in your application folder,…or from your doc or wherever you have access to it.…Or, you can launch your Creative Cloud account,…and just click Open in the Adobe Creative Cloud pop-down.…When it opens, you will see the interface is…broken into four distinct areas:…a media browser, presets, a queue, and encoder.…
With the media browser, you have access to all of…your favorite files that are connected to your computer.…You can use your local drive, you can have a card reader…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Intermediate
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Intermediate
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Intermediate
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.