Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Adobe Character Animator, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- Hi kiddies!…In this chapter I'm gonna show you the workflow…to take advantage of a brand new application…called Adobe Character Animator.…It comes bundled with After Effects 13.5.…After that I'm gonna show you how…the face tracking technology,…like this and like this,…has found its way into After Effects…to automate some of your masking tasks.…So, let's get to it.…Sorry about that silly intro,…you just can't help but to act in character…when you're looking at a character…of yourself onscreen.…
Anyway, when you install After Effects CC 2015,…you will also install alongside…a brand new program called Adobe Character Animator.…This is a brand new technology…they've been working on for awhile,…and I'll be working with a preview version of it here.…You can open it directly from your Applications folder,…or from inside After Effects,…and here is the basic screen layout.…Your project's on the left side,…the screen where you're working is in the middle,…and in the upper right is a display with your web camera…looking at you.…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.