Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting tracker options for better results, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So far with project 1 in After Effects, we have applied the Tracker and created a successful motion path.…Now, remember that the first few frames were giving us problems because of the heavy motion blur.…To fix that, we manually adjusted the position of the Track Points to improve that location…of the Track Point where it is compared to that feature we're tracking, which is the X…on the piece of tape. Now, there are some options you can apply.…There's Options button on the Tracker itself that you can adjust.…Also the option to interactively change the shape of the Track Point, and we…haven't talk about this yet, but there are two boxes on the Track Point.…
The inner box is the feature box.…That represents the region that contains the pattern that it's trying to track over time.…And generally, you leave that about the size of that pattern like the X.…The outer box is a search region, and that's a region that it goes into if it has a hard…time finding the pattern.…The pattern might be obscure because of motion blur, like it is here, or because there is…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.