Want an easy way to control the overall look and feel of a template in Adobe After Effects like a text template? Global controls do just that. In this video, author Nick Harauz walks you through the various parameters available and what changes they can make to the overall look and feel of your composition.
- Global controls are a great way to control…the overall look and feel of a template.…Let's see the various parameters available,…and what changes they'll make to the overall look…and feel of our composition.…So I'm here in my Chapter 2_3 composition…from my edit me please folder I've double clicked…to open in the timeline.…I want to take a look at global controls…inside this composition.…So here I have a very simple composition…where I have the main scene containing all the photos…that are part of it, this happens to be…several photos that have been customized and changed,…along with the text layers and other elements.…
Now these controls, in this case, happen to be…overlays, and if I select it and head over…to effect controls I can see some of them.…So I have the ability to create a vignette with a checkbox.…I have the ability to change the light leaks color…that we currently see, so I'm just changing that color.…In fact, going to the intensity and increasing that as well.…And last we have the light leaks lightness.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Modifying AE text templates in Premiere
- Adding shapes and expressions to the text animation
- Understanding composition structure
- Modifying text and replacing visible graphics
- Adjusting global controls
- Breaking down your template idea
- Building a photo mosaic
- Creating basic animation
- Adding a camera to the animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/26/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover text templates vs. Essential Graphics, building a template through Essential Graphics, adding supported properties to the Essential Graphics panel, and viewing the motion graphics template in Premiere Pro.