Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting corner pin points and paths, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We applied the motion tracking tool with corner pin options to track the screen…onto the PDA in the actress' hand. Let's take a look at our movie so far.…So it's tracking pretty well, but there are definitely areas we can improve to…make the integration better.…If I go to a non-blurred frame, one thing that pops out is the fact that there is…a strange gap at the edge of the screen.…There is a new screen animation on top of the old screen edge, and that edge…kind of shows through and looks a little strange.…What might be nice here is to stretch the screen out a little bit more to cover…up that old screen to get rid of that edge.…
So one trick for doing that is to adjust the corner pin properties and move this…set of keyframe as single units.…So let's go down to the layer first, expand the Effects and look at the corner pin animation.…So again, we have the four corners here, upper left, right, lower left, lower…right, here's all of the keyframes.…There are so many keyframes, we don't really want to adjust them here in the…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.