In this video, learn about changing the hues and tones of a layer.
- [Instructor] Now let's look at how we can use…the Effects & Presets tools to change the colors…and the tones of the animation in the scene.…So the most obvious place where I would want to use it…would be, let me try not to move the background around,…would be to change the values of the robots.…Because we have three robots and if you look at them move,…they tend to merge into one.…It looks like more of an insect at this point,…it's really messy.…So I'm going to padlock everything except the robot layers.…
And actually I'm going to padlock the top robot.…So I want to work with the one right behind him,…and in the Effects & Presets here, I'm going to drag it up,…and then click on Preview and info just to compress them,…so we can actually see more of the effects and presets.…We're going to work in the Color Correction mode.…Now this course is not going to show you…an encyclopedia of effects.…I want to show you the ones that you're most likely…to want to use to enhance your animation,…but there's a universe of these things…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.