Not only can Adobe Photoshop work with photos and text, it also has the ability to work with and create 3D objects. How do you design 3D type in Photoshop? What tools are available to you? In this video, join Richard Harrington as he demonstrates how to adjust the color and bevel of 3D text in Photoshop.
- The property commands make it easy…to adjust your 3D objects.…You can adjust things like the bevel,…as well as the contour,…and other things that will change its overall appearance.…To start, let's play with the extrusion depth here.…And you see that we can change if it pushes forward,…or back, and how far.…Additionally, we have the ability,…if we scroll down here,…to see some extra materials.…So for example, under shape presets here,…there are different quick presets…that you can choose to quickly change objects…like bevel and extrusion,…A very pillowy-type object here,…with minimal extrusion,…but I can still push that out, for example,…giving me soft, curved text.…
If we take a look at some of these controls,…you'll see extra options.…For example here, under deform,…we can adjust the extrusion controls,…as well as any twists,…giving it a little bit of dimensionality,…or tapering, to go to a smaller point, such as infinity,…or to expand.…You see that it gives you a lot of choices.…Now let's go back to the presets here…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.