Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the color and bevel, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- Now that I've got a good 3D object,…let's introduce a few colors.…In the 3D layer here, you'll see different objects,…the front material, the bevel.…When you select these, you get a properties panel to adjust.…Now, if I want to change the color of the front material,…that's pretty simple.…Using the pop-up menu here,…you'll find several options available.…For example, if I change that to a copper type color,…you'll see that it updated that material.…Now, I'd like to change the bevel a little bit.…Let's select this here,…and use a slightly brighter edge for the yellow,…and it filled that in.…
Now, the extrusion is going to be the material…from the side.…Let's switch and take a look at this…from the left-hand side.…Let's switch the view there,…and I'm going to put that same yellowish color on the sides.…For the back, I'll use that same beveled edge…in case we move around to the side,…but I will make the interior that copper color,…and you see that it updates.…
Now, we'll just swap back.…If you're looking at this, it looks pretty good,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.