Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Additional shape presets, part of After Effects Apprentice: 14 Shape Layers.
- [Instructor] When you install After Effects…it comes with some animation presets for Shape layers.…However, this is but a fraction of the presets…that Adobe makes available.…The rest are up on Adobe Exchange.…So search for Adobe Exchange,…it'll be the first thing that turns up.…You'll see that there's separate sections for each program,…go to the one on After Effects,…and there's going to be a number of Expressions,…Displacement Maps, Animation Presets, Plug-Ins,…Templates, Scripts, Stock Footage, et cetera.…
Just go ahead and search for shape presets,…Search, and the first thing that it'll turn up…are these Additional animation presets for After Effects.…They include some really great…per-character 3D text animations that Trish created,…plus a bunch of shape presets that I mostly created.…Download them, drag them into your presets folder,…it's sitting right next to the program After Effects,…and next time you start or reload your Effects & Presets…they'll be added to your menu.…And you'll see them as Backgrounds 2, Elements 2,…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Drawing parametric shapes and pen paths
- Creating multiple shape groups
- Exploring Wiggle Paths and the Wiggle Transform effect
- Defining gradient fills
- Creating a swarm
- Blending multiple shapes into a texture
- Crafting and animating dotted and dashed lines
- Combining effects, layer styles, expressions, and the Brainstorm tool with shape layers
- Showing tips for stylizing sidebars
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Drawing Shapes
2. Multiple Shape Paths
Creating compound paths8m 14s
3. Shape Effects
4. Crosshair Exercise
5. Abstract Texture Exercise
6. Map Path Exercise
7. Animated Logo Exercise
8. Ray-Traced 3D and Shapes (CS6 only)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.