Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the type glint, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Once the type is hit and the animation is settled, we want to remind viewers to…read what's important on the frame.…In this case it's the type.…We'll use a copy of the type layer and a track matte to create a glint or a…shimmer of light on the face of the type.…This will draw the viewer's eye up to the type without overwhelming the rest of the image.…I'm inside of the MMM-001 composition and this is where all of our compositing…is really coming together.…And the Type Pass Pre layer that we have here is the affected layer that has…the Shine effect on it.…Now we're going to make a copy of this and delete the effects off of it so that…we can use this as the basis for our glint.…
First thing I am going to do is select that layer, hit Command+D or Ctrl+D on…the keyboard, and now it's also got keyframes on it for Opacity.…So if I hit the letter U on the keyboard, that reveals the Opacity keyframes,…and I'm going to turn the stopwatch off and bring the Opacity of the layer back up to 100%.…Now that makes our Shine effect really visible.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.