Adobe After Effects is Adobe software that is solely dedicated to motion graphics creation. Here, you can also create animated 3D text. There are many tools that you can choose from to create it. What’s available? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to add text to a composition in After Effects.
- You've seen After Effects a bit in this course.…Let's move on and actually explore one…of its easier to use capabilities…that's also quite popular and that's text animation.…After Effects allows you to easily animate text,…but the first step is entering your text.…If you've worked in Photoshop,…you should see a lot of similarities.…I'm gonna open up a starter project here…from the Exercise folder.…You can also just simply create a new project if you'd like.…In this case, it's looking for a font from Typekit.…
Remember, Typekit is the service included…with your Creative Cloud membership.…So, you can choose to select a font here and sync it,…and what it should do is connect to the server…and successfully download and activate the font.…Let's click OK here.…Now, once the font is activated, you should see it here.…If, for some reason, it doesn't load correctly,…simply go under the File menu after the sync occurs…and close and save the project.…
You can then choose to reopen that project…and it should be able to read the font in.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.