- [Instructor] Now I'd like to add a colored bar…across the top of the comp.…A snow border is wearing a nice red jacket,…so something like this color might work.…And for the height I often use the info…palette for measuring.…Remember that After Effects considers zero…to be the top of the comp,…so as I move my cursor down I could estimate…that around 60 pixels should be a good height.…I'll now select Layer, New, Solid.…When the solid settings open I'll first…give it a good name.…
Let's call this solid bar.…The width, height and color will default…until the last value are used.…And by the way you can click the Make Comp Size button…if you want to create a solid the same…width and height as your comp.…The width of 640 is the full width of the comp.…I figured out that my height should be about 60 pixels.…For the color I can click on the eye dropper…and then pick a color from the snowboarder's jacket.…I'll click okay and a solid bar will be created…in the middle of the comp.…
The solid bar layer also appears in the timeline.…
After Effects Apprentice is created by Trish and Chris Meyer and designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice.
- Starting a project from scratch
- Building a composition
- Arranging and transforming layers interactively and numerically
- Animating parameters including motion paths
- Applying and re-using effects
- Creating variations and rendering the final movie
- Importing layered Photoshop files
- Understanding alpha channels
- Avoiding common mistakes
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/09/2012. What changed?
A: We added new movies on using the exercise files that come with this course, and working with the Global Performance Cache in After Effects CS6. We have also added exercise files designed for After Effects CS6.
Q: This course was updated on 11/07/2016. What changed?
A: We updated eight movies to stay up to date with the latest changes in After Effects CC.