With the release of Adobe Creative Cloud 2017, comes an intuitive workflow for adjusting and manipulating text templates inside of Adobe Premiere Pro. In this video, author Nick Harauz walks you through how to create shape layers to use in an animation, as well as how to add expressions that will help control the size of both layers.
- So in this movie, we're going to take a look…at creating shape layers to have in our animation,…as well as add expressions that will…help us control the size of both…the text layer and the shape layer.…One of the limitations right now…with working with other AE cap file,…or after effects compositions in Premiere Pro,…is that if I switch something like the text…when I have a lower third bar.…Come in here and do something like,…let me just select the name here.…And just type in the word Nick.…You'll notice that the text bar doesn't update.…
So the size of the text bar isn't up there,…meaning that I would have to manually…either go back into after effects…to resize that bar or also change its color.…Now that's not absolutely true.…I'm going to press command Z to undo, control Z on a PC.…What we can do is link the changing size…of the text box so that the rectangle…also responds and changes its size.…Now just a word of caution here.…I have a shape layer.…If I press the disclosure triangle,…inside of it is of course a rectangle path.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Modifying AE text templates in Premiere
- Adding shapes and expressions to the text animation
- Understanding composition structure
- Modifying text and replacing visible graphics
- Adjusting global controls
- Breaking down your template idea
- Building a photo mosaic
- Creating basic animation
- Adding a camera to the animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/26/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover text templates vs. Essential Graphics, building a template through Essential Graphics, adding supported properties to the Essential Graphics panel, and viewing the motion graphics template in Premiere Pro.