Learn how to use an environment layer as a reflection source.
- [Instructor] So this is what we have so far in terms…of our 3-D extrusion.…It looks great but it is quite flat.…To improve that we will add reflections…and textures using an environment layer.…So go to the product panel and open up the source files,…where you will find windows environment dot jpeg file.…Go ahead and drag it to the timeline…and we're going to use it as an image based lighting.…So we are actually going to convert this layer…to and environment layer and it will help us…to create a better definition and a better look.…
To do so right click on this layer…and choose environment layer.…This will switch off the visibility of it…and also convert it to a 3-D layer.…Now make sure that you can see the material option over here…and I mean the material option for the text, the five logo.…So I'm just going to fold up everything that I don't need…to see right now and I'm going…to fold down the material options.…In order to reflect this environment over here we need…to change the reflection intensity from zero…
- Animating a layered Photoshop file
- Create an animated background
- Animating using effects
- Extruding and texturing 3D typography
- Creating an ending transition
- Faking motion blur
- Rendering a master file and a delivery file
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Trainingwith Alan Demafiles4h 20m Intermediate
1. Animate a Photoshop File
2. Creating 3D Typography
3. Compositing Techniques
4. Outputting the Result
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.