In this video, add a spotlight and a point light to the scene.
- [Narrator] Now it's time to add lights to the scene…and this is really gonna add a great feeling…of realism to the shot.…So let's add a spotlight.…I'm gonna put it on top of the Work Cycle…so let's go up here, Layer, New, Light…and we'll do a spotlight first.…And we can select here Spot, Intensity 100,…Cone Angle 90, Cone Feather 50, that's all fine.…Cast Shadows, certainly yes.…Let's make the Shadow Diffuse an 11,…Shadow Darkness 100, click Okay…and as you can see, that's pretty dramatic.…
So let's switch to a two view layer so we can…have two horizontal views so I can see the…actual view port on this side and…what the result's gonna be.…And then we can zoom out of the custom view on this side…so on the left, we have Custom View One,…and on the right we have the Active Camera.…So let's select the spotlight and you'll see…that it gives us our X,Y and Zed controls.…So first things first, let's just position this thing…using the, you can just grab and see where…you see the letter Zed?…Then you know it's safe to pull it out this way.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.