Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding flexibility by assigning material and render overrides, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Once you start using the Render layer Editor in creating custom layers, you can…do a lot with just the render pass options to create render passes.…However, there are a limited number of options there in terms of Diffuse, Shadow,…Specular, and so on.…You can create more complex render passes if you use some Material Overrides.…Material Overrides is the option to the Render layer Editor to assign material…to entire layer temporarily.…Beyond that you can also use Render Overrides. Render Overrides give you the…option to render out a particular layer with very specific render settings that…are unique to that layer. So let's give that a try.…
So I have gone back to shot 1_layers2 and here we have our three custom layers,…and they are all set to different render passes, one's Diffuse, one's Specular, and one's Shadow.…In this case, Specular is on the top, Shadow is in the center, and Diffuse is on…the bottom above the master layer. All of those layers are turned on the render.…Now we can create a brand-new layer and assign a custom Material Override.…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.