After you have added your transitions to your animation, what other things are needed to polish your motion graphic? Some of these things are to add drop shadows for legibility and finesse your keyframes. In this video, author Ian Robinson adds the finishing touches to the motion graphic project in Adobe After Effects.
- [Instructor] So once you've actually…blocked out your animation,…it's important to go ahead and add the finishing touches.…You know, the drop shadows, smooth some keyframes,…kind of make things look a little bit more refined.…So that's what we're going to focus on in this video.…So the first thing I want to do is reset my workspace.…I'm going to go up under Window, Workspace,…and Reset the Standard to the Saved Layout.…Now, I'm just going to scrub through my animation here…and you can see yeah okay I've got my hand come in,…it clicks and I have my transition…and everything is just a linear keyframe…or a hold keyframe.…
So I want to smooth out some of these keyframes.…The first keyframes I want to focus on…are the ones that actually control our background graphics.…So I'm going to scroll down here to V1 or layer eight,…the V1-Ref layer and here you see…I've got two smooth keyframes.…So I'll highlight those keyframes.…If you're not seeing them, select layer eight and press U…and then highlight your keyframes…
- Exploring the Creative Cloud Market
- Searching and saving assets in the Creative Cloud Market
- Organizing Market assets in the CC Libraries
- Creating custom brushes and textures in Photoshop
- Creating backgrounds and animations in Illustrator
- Building a short promo in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Videowith Eran Stern2h 36m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Color Grading Footagewith Richard Harrington2h 53m Intermediate
1. Using Creative Cloud Market Assets
2. Creating Textures and Patterns in Photoshop
3. Working with Assets in Illustrator
4. Project: Building a Short Promo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.