Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding effect filters, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] There are a multitude of effects…that can be added to your layer that when combined,…can greatly alter the look or functionality of that layer.…Some effects can distort the layer,…some generate noises and shapes,…while others can alter transparency.…Much like the layer order in your composite can be altered,…so can the order of the effects.…How those effects are ordered can often yield…different results if ordered differently.…So, in this example, I've got a circle shape…followed along with a repeater,…and I just got these dots moving around in a circle.…
And two of the most common effects…that I use are blur and levels.…So, I'm going to create a brand new adjustment layer.…And on that adjustment layer I'm going to come up here…to effect and add in my color correction levels.…I'm also going to, if you don't already have it,…you can come down here to Window,…and select effects and presets,…and in that window you can actually just type in blur,…and it'll filter out all the blurs,…and the one I'm looking for is gaussian blur.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.