Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
When you shoot images with a real camera, there is an effect called depth of…field that's present in all photographs.…This refers to the amount of subject matter that is perfectly in focus, starting…from the foreground and traveling backwards into the image.…Depth of field can add tremendous amounts of realism to any scene if…used correctly in 3D.…3D renders though are not produced by real cameras and as a result they…don't have this effect.…Fortunately the programmers of both CINEMA 4D and After Effects have given us…the tools to create this effect right inside of After Effects.…The depth of field that I'd like to create in this image is going to be based on…the platform as the central focus point for the image.…
So I'd like to have things that are going backwards into the image out of…focus as they get further and further away from the platform.…We created when we rendered from CINEMA 4D something called the depth pass and…we're going to use that depth pass to drive an affect here in After Effects.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.