Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding audio, part of After Effects: Compositing Animation from Animate CC.
- [Instructor] This is a very quick movie…about importing audio.…Audio is a little bit beyond the scope of this course,…and I'm going to assume you have basic knowledge…of exporting your own audio files from another application,…so I'm just gonna show you how to import audio…into After Effects and how it works.…So, I'm going to double-click on the properties panel,…and in the exercise files, in the import audio folder,…there's a file called robot.wav.…Import that.…And now you've got the robot.wav file,…which you can then simply drag onto the stage here.…
And that's it.…You can switch the audio on and off.…You can also do some very basic audio editing…with the levels and the waveform here.…So for example you can select keyframes,…and you can dampen the size of the audio,…ramp it up a little bit.…So that's about it.…You know, obviously if you want to do anything…sophisticated with audio, you want to be using…Adobe Audition or some other software.…But this is how you would do a basic import of audio,…and then incorporate it into your After Effects project.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.