Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and adjusting keys, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] As you build up your animation,…you'll find that there is a state of constant…preview, adjust, and preview.…You'll add or subtract keys and refine both spatial…and temporal interpolations.…In this movie, we'll take a look at how we can make…time and space adjustments of keyframed animations.…So in this first example, I've got a navigation icon…that simply moves from left to right…and I'd like for it to follow that dotted path.…Though I can certainly stop here in the middle…and with my navigation icon selected, click, and drag down.…
But you'll see that the major problem…is that my motion path is still very much linear.…It doesn't follow that dotted path at all.…So I need to change this linear…interpolation into beziers.…So, let's go ahead and select our position keyframes,…all of them at once by just tapping on the word "position"…and right-clicking on any one of those keyframes…and just say "keyframe interpolation."…And inside this window, you'll see…that spacial interpolation is currently set to linear.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.