Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the Star Glow effect to a layer, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The animation compositing process is really all about affecting your image from…3D using filters and effects inside of After Effects.…Now in this movie, we're going to be using a very special third-party filter…called Starglow to create glows within our 3D image.…Before I get started, I want to have a 3D camera in my scene that's going to…allow me to add 3D layers that will move around, matching my 3D render from After Effects.…Now in each of my pre-comps I have got that 3D camera, so I'm going to go and…grab the one that's inside the Stadium Pass. And if I go under to the Pre-COMP's…folder, I'll go under the Stadium Pass PRE.…
I'm going to grab the Camera, the Platform Disc light.…I'm holding down the Command key or the Ctrl key on the PC to select…multiple items without selecting one in between. And I'm going to copy all three of these,…Command+C or Ctrl+C, and I'm going to go back to my main composition and I'm…going to paste these down.…What that does, it looks like nothing has changed, but now I have this three…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.