Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Add color correction effects, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- The goal of matching or blending in our…3D renders into our live action shots,…wouldn't be possible without color correction effects.…Here we'll see how to better integrate…our passes by adjusting color.…So we have our 3D renders on top of our background plate,…and the background plate is still un-color corrected,…and the name of the game here is to try to match…our 3D elements to that background plate.…And once everything is composited properly and looks…like it's integrated with that background shot,…we would render it out and it's that,…that would get color graded and the creative color…decisions would be made later on…down the line rather than making them here.…
So let's go 'head and try to identify…what's wrong with this shot, looks like,…first of the all the black levels are entirely…too saturated here compared to that background,…and our color is probably oversaturated.…We probably need to de-saturate that as well.…So let's go 'head and start with our barrels here,…I'm going to zoom in to about 50% and start here.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.