Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Add and adjust keys, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] As you build up your animation,…you'll find that there is a state of constant…preview, adjust, and preview.…You'll add or subtract keys, and refine, both,…spatial and temporal interpolations.…In this movie, we'll take a look at how we can make…time and space adjustments of key-framed animations.…So, in this first example, I've got a navigation icon…that simply moves from left to right.…And, I'd like for it to follow that dotted path.…Though, I can certainly stop here in the middle,…and, with my navigation icon selected, click and drag down.…
But you'll see that the major problem is that…my motion path is still very much linear.…It doesn't follow that dotted path at all.…So I need to change this linear interpolation in to beziers.…So, let's go ahead and select our position key frames,…all of them at once by just tapping on the word "position,"…and right-clicking on anyone of those Keyframes,…and just say Keyframe Interpolation.…And, inside this window, you'll see that spatial…interpolation is currently set to Linear.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.