Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video 3D layer properties, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Lecturer] When we turn a 2D layer into a 3D one,…we add on several new properties to the layer.…A 3D layer now gains material options that can…react to light in very different ways.…We can control its different surface properties…in addition to having a layer cast shadows…into our scene.…So here in this composition, I've got…three cloud layers and they're all animated the same.…They just rotate in space,…and this is to showcase how they interact…differently with light.…So if we twirl down this cloud default,…we see that under material options, we have…all these new attributes.…
Ambient, diffuse, specular, metal.…All these things add up to contribute to how…the layer interacts.…Right now, you can see that there is a light source…and we're getting a hint of it, and when we…rotate out to the extremes, the outer parts…of the cloud are a little bit darker.…Overall we get the sense that this is rotating…in 3D space.…Let's go ahead and look at the next cloud layer.…This one is a lot more reflective.…It's got a hot spot from the light.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.