Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video 3D edits, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The VR comp editor's…Add 3D Edit button allows us to go beyond…the restrictions of working within…a 2D edits frame by placing content in 3D space.…We'll take a look at how that works here in this movie.…In this composition I have some 360 footage…of a camera that's placed out by the street…and you can see we have a car whizzing by…and we have this bridge here.…What I'd like to do is add in…some graffiti onto the floor here…and if I twirl down my graffiti arrow folder here…you'll find a composition with these critters…and this 3D arrow that I created inside of Cinema 4D.…
Now I've got these critter guys jumping up and down,…this one in particular,…and you'll notice that his head is getting cut off.…And you'll also notice that all…of these layers here are 3D layers.…So that'll be important a little bit later.…What we want to do is add that graffiti arrow…into this motorways shot.…So, to do that, let's come over…to our VR comp editor…and let's add in our 3D edit.…Now, like the 2D edit, we get a dialog box…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.