Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video 360 overview: Concepts and workflow, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Narrator] New to After Effects CC 2018 is the…inclusion of immersive video tools that…allow us the ability to work with 360 video.…We'll look at some of the key concepts…of 360 video here in this movie.…First of all, what is 360 video VR and…how does it differ from 3D VR?…Both are considered virtual reality, with an aim to…create user experiences inside of environments,…delivered through goggles or headsets.…I like to think of the differences between 360 video and…3D like the differences between a movie and a video game.…
One difference is how they're created.…Movies are acquired from live action…photography sources, using cameras.…Whereas, video games are created digitally with…3D animation and real time game engines.…Another difference is interactivity.…Like a movie, 360 Video is locked to a linear timeline and…subject to the authors placement of the camera, meaning,…you can look around from the cameras point in space,…but you can't interact or affect the environment at…any time like you can in a video game.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.