Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video 2D edit: Rig removal, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] One way After Effects allows us…to add visual effects to 360 video…is by use of the VR Comp Editor's Add 2D Edit Button.…We'll see how we can use it here…to remove a camera rig, and take a look…at some of the caveats that come with working in VR.…Before we get started, let's make sure…our project settings are configured correctly…so that our VR workflow runs properly.…To do that let's come over to the File menu…and down here at the very bottom we have Project Settings.…In the Video Rendering and Effects tab,…let's change Mercury Software Only…to Mercury GPU Acceleration.…
Now, these VR effects require the use…of GPU Acceleration in order to work.…If you only have Software Only selected, watch what happens.…I'll say OK, and when I go to apply a VR effect…under Immersive Video, you'll get this…red bar across your screen, and nothing works here.…Even I change out these values, nothing happens.…So again, to fix that, go down to File,…Project Settings, and enable any one…of the GPU Accelerations.…Your drop-down menu here might look a little different.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.