Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video 2D edit: Caveats, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] With our camera rig removed,…we'll add in an animated element into our VR scene,…and address a few more caveats…that show up with the VR workflow.…So here, where we last left off,…we have our VR comp editor compositing our rig removal…into our aqua rectangular output render.…Now what we want to do is come over here to the project window…and under the source folder we have this crack MP4,…which is a black and white image that we can add into…a wall inside of our VR scene.…So to do that, let's come over here to the VR comp editor,…and add another 2D edit.…
We'll hit that button and the same dialogue pops up.…We'll use the alley composition again as our source.…We'll go 21 60 for the width, and we'll hit add 2D edit.…After effects does it's magic,…and in the background here we have…now a brand new edit two composition.…So let's take a look around and…if we look down towards the bottom,…you can see that we still have our rig in our camera view.…I thought we got rid of that.…Well, we did, however,…it's under this rig removal composition.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.