- View Offline
The After Effects Apprentice videos on lynda.com were created by Trish and Chris Meyer and are designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com Online Training Library®.
- Understanding the user interface
- Customizing the user interface
- Importing sources, including using Adobe Bridge
- Managing compositions
- Previewing work
- Rendering (exporting) a creation
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer of Crish Design and welcome to After Effects Apprentice: Pre-Roll. The idea behind this lesson is to get you quickly up to speed at moving around inside Adobe After Effects. It is designed for people who are completely new to the program. As well as for users who maybe haven't used it for a few years, who need a quick refresher course. I'm gonna show you how to navigate the user interface and how to customize it to your needs. I'm gonna show you how to navigate compositions because that's the main building block inside After Effects that you will be using. I'll show you how to preview your work and how to render your work out to a movie.
That you can then import into an editing system, playback through a projection system, or maybe bring into a web development program, make this part of a web page. So, without much further ado, let's dive in.