Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with type, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Affinity Photo has good tools for working…with type and graphics.…To create type, you simply select the Type tool,…click where you want to start typing,…and type in the word that you want.…While you're typing, you can still make the text larger…by grabbing one of the corner handles and stretching it,…you can select all the text, you can move it around,…and you can change font and your most recently used fonts…appear at the top.…
There are good typography tools here as well.…For instance, if we go to the Text menu…and open Show Typography,…you can see here we can turn the Ligatures on and off.…So where normally the letters f and f would clash…with the i of Officer, when we turn the Ligatures on,…you get a neat typographic solution.…You can also change the font from Normal…to All Caps,…and it shows you how it's going to look,…to Small Caps and this rather neat one which I've never seen…in any program before, All Small Caps.…
And that even turns letters that are already capital letters…into small caps.…There are good controls here as well…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.