Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with selections, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Here's the selection that we made so painstakingly.…The question now is, what can we do with this selection?…Well one thing we can do with it, is to go to…the Layer menu and choose Duplicate.…And the shortcut here is command j.…And that makes a new layer from this selection.…If we hide the background layer, you can see…just this new layer by itself.…
Let's show the background again.…And let's Undo that.…We can undo by repeatedly using the Edit menu…and command zed.…And that's back to where we were,…with our selection in tact.…We can also use this selection as the basis…for an adjustment layer.…Now we'll look at adjustment layers in more detail…later on, but for now let's show…how this works by going to Layer, New Adjustment Layer,…and let's choose Exposure.…
Because we had this selection active, this adjustment…layer comes out with a layer mask that exactly…matches this selection.…We can Deselect it.…And the adjustment layer will still work…on the area that we had selected.…So if we now lower the exposure, or raise it,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.