Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with basic graphics, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- The tools for drawing graphic shapes…are very sophisticated indeed.…Here's an example.…They're chosen from this icon near the bottom…of the toolbar.…Let's pick the Rounded Rectangle tool.…We sketch out a rectangle, and here we can…change the fill color, just as we would any other object.…And we could add a stroke to it.…We can change both the color of the stroke…and the width of the stroke.…
If we select the shape with the Move tool,…then we find that as we change the shape,…we don't lose the roundness of these corners.…Normally, you'd expect them to get compressed…but it recognizes the roundness that we want to keep.…And that's maintained no matter what…aspect ratio we use for this shape.…If we go back and click on the Tools icon,…we can now grab that handle and change…all of these corners.…
If we want to change them individually,…uncheck the Single Radius button, and now…we can change each one…to a different value if we like.…You can also set the radius of each corner…by its numerical value.…So plenty to work with here.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.