Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing selections in Refine Selection, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Here's the selection that we made with…our selection brush.…To complete the process, we need to refine that selection.…And we can do that by pressing the Refine button,…here on the toolbar.…And that opens our Refine Selection dialogue.…Right away we can see that there's the image…in the foreground and the unwanted background…has this red overlay on top of it.…And that is simply to indicate the difference…between the selected area and the unselected area.…
We can change the way that this previews.…We can change the mode from overlay to black matte.…And now you can see clearly the holes in the hair…where the background is showing through.…And you can see some roughness…on the top of the hair here.…We could change to view it against a white matte.…And that replaces original background with pure white.…And which of these you choose, depends very much…on what you want this image to end up against.…
Whether it's going to be the light colored background,…or a dark background.…But more than that, it can be very useful…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.