Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Lighting filter, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- So here's the workshop as I photographed it.…And it's lit by a florescent strip light…behind this beam.…I want to make it look as if it's lit from this oil light…hanging from the ceiling.…I'm going to accomplish that…with a lighting filter.…So we'll go to layer, new live filter layer,…and choose lighting filter down at the bottom.…It's a rather confusing-looking dialogue…with a lot of sliders,…but the good news is, we can control most of its effects…by dragging straight on this tool on the image.…
So let's move the dialogue out of the way…and see what we've got here.…This control moves the whole thing around…so we can position it where we want.…The top one rotates it and sets the scale.…We can drag it up and down to make it larger.…The slider halfway up sets the elevation,…the height of the lamp above the surface.…
So let's set it round about there.…We can use this bottom handle to bring it up…so it's all starting from around that lamp at the top.…The controls at the sides are mirrored.…If we drag the outer ones,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.