Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Flood Select tool, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- The Flood Select tool is the equivalent…of what other apps would call the Magic Wand tool…and it's still selected either from the menu…or with the shortcut W.…Now, it behaves slightly differently to the Magic Wand tool,…in that when you click it,…it selects pixels of a similar color,…but if you click and drag, rather than selecting…the pixels you drag over,…the more you drag, the more the tolerance…of the tool increases.…
In other words, the wider the range of colors…it seeks out and selects.…So if I drag it over this bottom pane, for example,…you can see it's starting to…select towards the edges as I drag.…If I go far enough, it will go and select…the bar halfway down it,…and there we have the whole thing selected.…But it's also selected this little piece…of the woodwork up in the corner.…
And we can select the other pane in the same way,…but of course now, it's leaked and selected…the similar tones that are in these window boxes.…The default method is Contiguous,…and that means it only selects…tones that are joined together.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.