Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Blemish Removal tool, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We can use the Blemish Removal Tool to get rid…of extraneous objects in our scene.…There might be, for example, a soda bottle lying…on the foreground here, that would look…completely out of place.…Now there's nothing like this in this image,…but let's zoom into this gate.…And we can assume, for the sake of argument,…that this square window in the gate…is just the kind of blemish we want to get rid of.…We do that by choosing the Blemish Removal Tool.…
And let's put it over our object we want to get rid of.…We can use the square bracket keys to make this…smaller and larger.…So let's make it large enough so it just covers…the offending object.…Click once.…And you can see that it's tied this circle…to another one below.…And that one below is where it's copying…the texture from.…Well we can pick that up and we can move it…anywhere we like.…
So here, we might want to nudge it right over…this equivalent bit of gate.…As we drag it, it's moving the copied version.…And it's not just copying it directly,…it also blending it in to the scene.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.