Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Turning adjustment layers on and off, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- We've made a lot of adjustments to this image.…Normally we wouldn't have…so many doing very similar things,…but it's a good way of showing you what they all do.…As they're all adjustment layers…we can turn them all off.…To get back to our original image.…And this is where we started,…with this rather washed out image.…We first added a levels adjustment…to add a little bit of contrast to it…and to redden it up slightly.…We brought out the hair with our shadows…and highlights adjustment.…
We then used a curves adjustment…to make it all a bit sunnier.…We added a huge saturation luminosity adjustment…to tone down the blue in that dress.…And then, we added a black and white adjustment…set to hard light mode to add this dark effect to it.…And finally, because all of the adjustments…have blown out the background…we brought that back with our exposure adjustment.…
By using adjustment layers…you have the flexibility to add effects,…to try out different effects,…to changing different toning arrangments.…If you don't like what you've done…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.