Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Transforming layers, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Our computer is now in this document,…but it's in the wrong place and it's much too big.…So let's switch to the Move tool,…and the shortcut for this is V.…Once we choose this tool,…you can see these handles appearing…around the edge of the layer.…If we click in the middle,…we can pick it up and drag it to anywhere we want.…We can scale it by dragging any of the corner handles.…And as we drag,…it scales it uniformly towards the opposite corner.…
If for some reason we want a nonuniform scale,…just hold the shift key down…and now you can distort it as much as we want.…I don't want that.…So, I'm going to undo.…If you grab one of the center handles,…then you scale it only along one axis.…And again, I'm going to undo that…and undo the horizontal scale as well.…
To rotate an object,…grab this little stick that sticks up from…the middle of the top side…and you can drag it around.…And as you drag,…it's worth noting the amount you drag…is being shown in the Transform panel.…So, this is showing a rotation of 317.6 degrees.…Keep an eye on that as I drag and you'll see…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.