Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharpening and noise reduction, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's now turn our attention to the detail of the image.…So far we've been looking at the whole thing,…but let's zoom in to 100%.…And we can do that by using the shortcut…command 1, or we can go to the view menu…and choose 100%.…And now we're viewing actual pixels.…When we look at an area…like these gates, we can see it's not been captured…quite as crisply as it could have been.…So let's move to the detail section…of our controls.…
Detail refinement controls the sharpness.…So we'll click the check box…and now we get two sliders,…radius and amount.…And we have to use these in tandem.…The radius is the distance around each pixel…that gets sharpened…and the amount is the volume of that sharpening.…As drag up the radius and drag up the amount,…you can see how we're starting to get more definition…coming in here.…
If we give it quite a high degree…you can certainly see the change.…Certainly if we check between…the after and the before,…you can see the before really looks quite fuzzy…in comparison.…So let's put this back on.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.