Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving selection results, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- So we've made our perfect selection…and the question is what do we do now.…We could simply hit the Apply button…and that would give us a selection…exactly as we defined it,…but there are a couple of variations here.…Here in the Output section…we can see as well as save as a selection,…we could save this as a layer mask.…We could also save it as a new layer,…leaving the original alone, or as a new layer with a mask.…I would always recommend saving it as a mask…rather than as a selection because then you can use…all the rest of Affinity Photo's painting tools…to refine that selection even more.…
Let's apply this and see what happens.…And there is our perfect selection.…Here is the mask for that selection.…If you hold the Shift key and click on it,…you disable the mask and you can…get back to where you were originally.…And there it is masked again.…There are one or two little problems here.…There's a bit of grass that's crept in…that we didn't notice that earlier.…
Well, because we've got the mask…we can simply go into the mask and paint that out.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.