Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing chromatic aberration and fringing, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- The Lens Vignette is produced…by a darkening around the edges…that you sometimes get with photographs.…Because we've expanded this,…we're not seeing any of that.…We could check through Remove Lens Vignette button,…and we get a slider coming up.…But as I say, there really is…no vignetting effect to speak of here.…We can also add our own vignette.…This is a Post Crop Vignette,…so if I click the button, here are the controls.…Let's scroll down so we can see them.…
Now it's quite hard to see what's going on.…So to demonstrate it, let me push…the Hardness all the way up.…And the Intensity goes between white at the top end,…and black on the left end.…And you can see now,…if we change the Scale, what we're doing…is changing the size of the vignette itself.…As we lower the hardness,…we get softer edges.…Now it's lowering the Hardness…both sides of that on/off line.…
So as we bring that down,…we're going to want to increase the scale as well.…But you can see how it's using it…to darken up those corners.…And I rather like this effect because it helps…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.